We have a programme of continued investment in facilities and infrastructure ensuring that our staff and students benefit from state-of-the-art, high quality equipment and laboratories.
Facilities available to undertake this research include:
- The University’s HPC system which, combined with the N8 regional facility that is hosted at Leeds, provides ~13000 computational cores, an extensive suite of licensed software and dedicated support staff.
- Flow measurement techniques (including Particle Imaging Velocimetry (PIV), 2-component Laser Doppler Anemometry (LDA), Phase Doppler Anemometry (PDA) and Ultrasonic Doppler Velocity Profiling (UDVP).
- Techniques for measuring fluid concentration (Ultrasonic High Concentration Meter (UHCM) and Optical Backscatter Probes (OBS)) and a range of optical metrology systems (e.g. pulsed and continuous wave lasers).
- There are also a number of larger facilities such as a class II aerobiology chamber, a data centre heat transfer laboratory, a selection of wind tunnels, and the national pilot scale advanced capture technology (PACT) facilities.
- A range of brand new kit for measurement of flow and fluid concentration (for instance velocity profiles in liquids, visualisation and measurement of particles in suspension, and spray particle and droplet size distributions).