LIFD Management Committee: Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Lead
We are recruiting for a new role on our management committee to support the development and implementation of the LIFD equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) framework, and to act as an advocate for the community.
- 2 Year appointment
- Approximately 5% FTE commitment
- Can demonstrate a passion and knowledge of EDI in a STEM setting
- Open to all staff who work in fluid dynamics
- Open to current & past management committee members
- Has agreement from line-manager
Description of role
- To champion EDI within the LIFD community and management committee.
- To support the identification of EDI priorities and the development of related actions.
- To ensure that EDI issues are considered within the operations and working practices of LIFD.
- To monitor and assist in issues of retention and career progression in fluid dynamics with the aim that everyone should have equal career opportunities.
- To engage with the community and bring EDI concerns, suggestions or feedback to the management committees’ attention.
- To participate in LIFD management activities, including attending monthly meetings and supporting events.
- To liaise with groups affiliated with LIFD, such as UK Fluids Network and the University’s EDI team, to ensure that new ideas and best practices in EDI are shared more broadly.
- Submission of a personal statement (up to 500words) outlining experiences to be brought to the role, emailed to Fluids-Institute@leeds.ac.uk as soon as possible.
- Applications will be reviewed by the LIFD Director and Manager and other members of the Committee who will convene short interviews if necessary.